Thursday, September 9, 2010

It's just a plain white bowl


In my kitchen is a pair of white serving bowls. They're very heavy... old school type that can go from oven to table.

It's amazing how something so simple can be so beautiful. It's just a plain white bowl.

Sometimes I put one out on the table or island in my kitchen to display it. Not for anyone in particular. Just for my own enjoyment.

Every now and then when I pass by it I stop to stare at it.

I like to tap it too just to hear the sound it makes. A soft resonating "clink" that seems to travel along it's lines.

Why does it fascinate me so??

Maybe, with all the "busy" things in my life that have so many sounds, colors, buttons and graphics, something as simple as a plain white unassuming bowl speaks to my soul.

Quiet, simple, still, serene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! So please, if you want to help make my day a little brighter...leave a little "love" note for me. ;-)