Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sigh...where'd my newborn go????

(*Disclaimer.... Old photos were shot with basic point and shoot digicam... LONG before I owned my Canon DSLRs.)


"Oh where, oh where did my newborn go????" Wasn't it just YESTERDAY that he was born??

Here in Florida school starts in August and for us that meant that McBoy's first official day of Kindergarten would also fall on his 5th birthday. His teacher is very sweet and thoughtful so she gave him a crown to wear in school all day. He was sooooo very proud of it!





When I got home from dropping him off I downloaded this photo along with the others I took. While scrolling through the photos, I took a look at his baby photos and took a deep sigh. Where did all the time go? Seriously... I just had him no more than a year ago! He tells me, "I'm 5 now Mama! And I'm a BIG boy....not a baby!

I hear nothing....


all I see is this...




... my little 5 day old McBaby Boy.


He tells me "I'm a man now Mama!" (lol)


I understand nothing....


I think of this...


.... my 5 week old McChunky Monkey.

Yes, I said 5 weeks. I breastfed and made enough milk to feed triplets... he tried to consume it all.



Sigh. It was only yesterday.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe he is 5!!! Amazing. Praise God and I pray He will continue to bless your family.

    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry. Thank you so much for sharing. I needed this today.

    lonely momma

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! So please, if you want to help make my day a little brighter...leave a little "love" note for me. ;-)